Friday, January 16, 2009

Back again!!!!

Alright... so, although I am aware that this attempt has been preceded by extreme failures, I found that psychologically I am unable to let go of the idea of this polyphasic sleep cycle. At the very least, it's fun to attempt to succeed. I've enjoyed knowing that I really want something, and the only thing I need is a certain level of self-control, and that I am still failing. haha. It's very interesting. More than this, it's a challenge. So here I am challenging myself once again. This time around is going to be unique in several ways. Firstly, I'm at college now, so the 5 am alarm either has to be a silent alarm (phone on vibrate tied around my stomach?) or I have to sleep outside the room.... before I answer that I'm going to also say that one thing I'm doing very different this time is that I am beginning this week of struggle with a night of absolutely no sleep. Not even the 20 minute naps. Wednesday night I had a gig (by the way anyone reading this that went, thanks for coming - it was a lot of fun), so I didn't get back to the dorm to go to sleep until 5 am. I was going to start the week of struggle right then and there, but, to allude to the gig, I was fairly inebriated, extremely worn down, and in general not willing, so I slept through or half-awakedly (is that even a word?) turned it off and kept sleeping after 5:30 am until about 9 am. Also, I went to bed at around 7 pm this evening when I got back from class and didn't wake up until 10. So collectively today (yesterday?) I've gotten around 6 to 7 hours of sleep as a prerequisite. As a side note right now I'd like to mention that the computer appears to be spinning in front of me, almost as if I'm seasick, but I'm not on a boat and I'm not about to throw up. It might just be that I've been staring at this screen and typing, though, because when I look at the surroundings in Hepburn's basement, it slows down a bit. But whatever I kind of like it. Anyways, I'm staying up straight tonight and all day tomorrow (today... Friday). I'm going to attempt to not go out (or at least stay out) too late this weekend. It's a good set of days coming up to adjust to polyphasia, as I like to call it, because Friday I have two easy classes and we have monday off and I don't have work until Tuesday morning. I might still be rough then, but we'll see. Right now I'm distracting myself with homework, readings on the political situation in the Middle East, and planning my morning routine, which is going to involve breakfast at 7, followed by a run over to the package center, where either a new textbook or bedsheets, slippers, and other incidentals from mother await me. Alright I'm starting to ramble. That's probably going to happen a lot. And I'm not going to apologize. It's my own damn blog anyway. More later... hopefully the next time I'm on won't be after a sleep or several weeks from now with the title "one more shot" or something to that effect.

tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment