Tuesday, January 27, 2009

feeling weary...

alright so void the last post; I failed almost immediately after posting, and as well this (yesterday?) morning. but as always I'm stubbornly pressing onward. I've noticed that posting on this blog has almost necessitated a failure of some proportion immediately after or within two naps. Perhaps I can curb that phenomenon tonight, night 1 of this attempt. Last night's attempt failed when I went to bed at 3. I recall waking up at 3:30, but, due to my roommate snoring, my tired irrational self was able to convince my tired irrational self that I deserve another 30 minutes to attempt to get some REM. If I woke up after this 30 minutes, I don't remember it, although I am fairly certain that I set the alarm. This failure resulted in my laundry soaking in the washer - in limbo between being washed and being dried - for nearly 13 hours, as I awoke with 5 minutes to get to work, and was unable to find a method of breaking my $10 bill down into quarters until after my 2-3:15 class. So yeah that sucked. but I didn't miss any classes or work due to the experiment because of last night, so that's an improvement! On that note, I have considerable motivation to succeed tonight, as my 10 am class today is GEO. This is only a Miami Plan class, so naturally I don't give a shit about it, but I haven't been since the first week, meaning that I've missed 3 classes, and I recall him saying something about absence number 4 and subsequent ones will result in the loss of a grade level each, so yeah I need to go. Fuck. Not that I wouldn't have gone anyway; my goal this semester was not to miss a class, but, as you and I know I don't always reach my goals haha. It just sucks that not only do I feel like shit for missing a class, but my grades are going to begin to feel like shit as well. Another note about the experiment: on his site, Pavlina suggests not using caffeine, due to its effects (negative) on REM sleep, however, I feel as though additional troops are needed to achieve victory, and I want to avoid the mutiple nap method as well, because this kind of willy-nilly de-structured attempt at creating a new day pattern results in a lowered sense of discipline, and therefore less self control, increasing my odds of doing stupid things like, for example, convincing myself that "just another 30 minutes is okay..." I've got homework to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment